The online event was in English with interpretation in French and Russian and it was open to all ETF Network for Excellence members.
The event raised a huge interest gathering more that 100 participants from different ETF partner countries and EU member states.
The webinar followed the launching event “Developing and Sharing Excellence on digitalisation of teaching and learning” organised in March 2022.
“Digital Pedagogies” is one of 4 areas identified together with DIGI ENE members:
- Digital Pedagogies
- Digital content & tools
- Teachers’ Digital Competences
- Digital Leadership (result of working group discussion)
A separate online event will be dedicated for each of the thematic areas. Next webinar will be organised after summer break.
The webinar about “Digital Pedagogies” aimed to:
- present approaches to teaching for effective technology integration into education
- create a platform for discussion and transnational learning among members of the DIGI ENE Network
- enhance reflection on the role of technology inside schools
- show best practices of technology use by teachers and students.
We are in a good company:
Among our key speakers are:
- Mutlu Cukurova is an associate professor of learning technologies at University College London. He is engaged with UNESCO’s unit for Technology and AI in Education, UCL’s Grand Challenges on Transformative Technology.
Mutlu in his presentation “Multimodal Learning Analytics in Real-world Practice: A Bridge Too Far?” encouraged reflection on Multimodal Learning Analytics role and if MMLA can be a dangerous idea.
- Stefano Benassi representing the Italian National Institute for Innovation and Pedagogy Research, is a contact person for the project "Immersive Didactics" and a member of the project group of Avanguardie Educative.
Stefano introduced us into the elements of Immersive Didactics, presented edMondo an online 3D digital environment in which, through avatars, you can explore, help build, participate in activities, and communicate with other users.
- Daniel Llamas is a designer expert at strategy, research and facilitation. In the same time Daniel is the Coordinator of the Built with Bits programme and during the webinar presented how the collaborative learning with immersive technologies looks like using Mozilla Hubs.
- Heli Heimo, Coordinator of External Relations in Haapsalu VET school and Training Centre (Estonia) presented real-life Estonian case on how the development of digital pedagogies is supported by school management and teachers.
- Please find the presentation in EN, RU, FR attached to this page.
The last part of the webinar was dedicated to the second component of DIGI ENE Initiative: DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS. Development projects are thought to be bottom-up initiatives aimed at materialising the real change by piloting new tool/approach/methodology by selected CoVEs.
Roberto Righi (STEPS) presented 6 submitted proposals which focus on the following topics: innovative pedagogical approaches; flipped classroom; assessment of digital readiness; development of Digital Action Plan; creation of digital content.
The DIGI ENE focus is digital teaching and learning practices. The overall objective of the sub-initiative is to show how digital teaching and learning can efficiently increase students’ learning, presenting tools and methodologies, and supporting participating Centres of Excellence in integrating them in their working environment.