The ETF maintains this site to share information about our activities, to share information in the areas in which it operates, to encourage two-way communication.
The content of this site is produced by ETF staff as well as by external users. We aim to keep this information correct and accurate; and, if errors are brought to our attention, we will do our best to correct them in a timely manner. However, we accept no responsibility or liability with regard to the information on this site.
It is our goal to minimised disruptions caused by technical errors. However, some data or information on our site may have been created or structured in file formats that are not error-free and we cannot guarantee that our services will not be interrupted or otherwise affected. The ETF accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
The ETF encourages individuals to publish content on this site provided they are the author of the content they publish or they acknowledge the source and, if required, they have permission from the author. Documents and publications by authors other than the person who publishes may be referred to in the form of a link to the site where this content was originally published.
For use, reproduction, transmission of content published on this site for purposes other than private, permission from the author or the ETF should be sought.
The ETF – European Training Foundation name and logo are the exclusive property of the ETF and cannot be used without our permission.
ETF Open Social aims to encourage healthy, lively and respectful debate. Each member should treat each other with courtesy and respect at all times.
Your membership and contribution are subject to the following rules, that you accept when signing up. They apply to all posts, comments and privacy messages in this space.
- Members may not attack other members of the site, including authors and ETF staff
- Members may not post content that contains attacks or is disrespectful of anyone on the basis of their national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability or age
- Members may not post content that is rude, threatening or uses inflammatory language
- Members may not threat, harass, bully, stalk or abuse other members
- Members are allowed one single account on this site
- Members may not impersonate another person on this site
- Members may not collect or share personal data or identifiable information concerning other members of this site outside of the site itself, without their express consent
- Members are not allowed any legal activity on the platform
- Members may not publish content that is unlawful, defamatory, libellous, obscene or prejudicial to active legal proceedings, in contempt of court, or in breach of copyright law
- Members are not allowed to use this site to advertise commercial products or services or to attempt to spam the site with links to promote personal or commercial sites
- Members may be held liable for defamatory content, threats, and untrue statements or other illegal or fraudulent content
- Members are informed that the ETF may be required to release information about them to the relevant authorities if they are believed to have used this site to commit unlawful acts and in any case where required to do so by law or in response to formal complaints of a substantial nature.
Members are encouraged to report abuses to the above rules by contacting ETF Open Space moderator or group managers.
Content not abiding to the above rules will be removed and members may be banned from the site as a result of such actions.
This site’s official language is English. We encourage members to post in English to ensure content is accessible to the majority of our users. We are also committed to monitor the content of the site and reply in English. We will do our best to do so also in relation to content that is posted by members in other languages, but we cannot always guarantee the same accuracy and response time.
Linking to this site
The ETF encourages organisations and individuals to link to this site under the condition that:
- links are not used in a defamatory context
- information linked is not changed in any way
- information linked is not displayed in a manner which suggests endorsement of any commercial product or service
- information linked is not displayed alongside advertising
The ETF is committed to user privacy. Although you can browse through the site without giving any information about yourself, in some cases personal information is required for you to interact or for the ETF to provide the services you request, and is treated in accordance to our privacy statement.
The European Union's family of institutional websites, within the 'europa.eu' domain, provides links to third party sites. Since we do not control them, we encourage you to review their privacy policies.