Meet our speakers
Click on the icon to learn more about the Speakers contributing to the Thematic WEBINARS organised inside the Community of Innovative Educators.
June 12, Artificial Intelligence for Educators: Ethical Challenges, Practices and Guidelines. Video recordings in EN, RU, AR.
May 3, Teaching for green societies: skills and practical experiences. Video recordings in EN, RU, AR.
February 23, Digital credentials and Open Badges: a revolution for Education and Training? Video recordings in EN, RU, AR. The folder with all materials HERE
December 2, COMMUNITY MEETUP: Results from the ETF 2022 New Learning Event and planning for 2023. The webinar presented the results of the 2022 ETF New Learning Event (28-29 November 2022) & the three winning practices of the 2022 ETF Innovative Teaching and Learning Award. The Community members expressed their interests and preferences on the future activities of the community through the interactive co-creation session. Video recordings in EN, RU, AR. The folder with all materials HERE.
November 16 2022, Webinar "How to support teaching and learning innovation? Ideas from the 2022 New Learning Award". The webinar provided an overview of the results of the 2022 ETF Call for innovative teaching and learning practices, both analysing the mostly targeted areas of innovation and briefly presenting the ten finalists practices that have been selected out of the 800+ received applications. Video recordings in in EN, RU, AR. The folder with all materials HERE.
September 29 2022, Webinar "How to build critical digital literacies: ideas and practical applications for educators" (video recordings in EN, RU, AR). This webinar presented examples of tools and approaches to develop an in-depth understanding of the dimensions of critical digital literacies within learning design and professional development. The folder with all materials HERE.
July 15 2022, Webinar "Extended reality (XR) for VET and Lifelong Learning: ideas and practical applications" (video recording in EN, RU, AR). The event reported on the results of the XR Skills Experts Meeting organised by ETF and ITC-ILO in Turin and presented a few real life cases of Augmented and Virtual reality application in education and training settings. The folder with all materials HERE.
June 23 2022, Webinar “Learning from innovation in teaching and learning in Serbian Vocational Schools” (video recording in EN, BCMS). The webinar presented teachers, learners, mentors and trainers experiences from Serbian schools on how they have changed their processes of teaching and learning over the last 5 months. These projects have been supported by GIZ Serbia and the Institute for Improvement of Education, Serbia. You can learn about the projects at: https://www.inovacijeuobrazovanju.rs/en/about-us/. Presentations. Read also: A Partnership for Innovation in Teaching and Learning in Serbia. The folder with all materials HERE.
May 24 2022, Webinar "Innovative learning tools and ideas to bring down the digital gender gap" (video recording). The webinar presented some digital tools and teaching ideas that have one thing in common: the potential of lowering down the digital gender gap. The webinar, which gathered more than 70 participants, counted with presentations from successful cases of digital tools and approaches to encourage women’s acquisition and use of digital tech and IT skills and will allow time for discussions on what strategies seem to work better for reducing the digital gender divide through digital education.
April 27, 2022 Webinar "New roles and competences for contemporary educators - introducing the ETF READY Model" (video recording). The ETF READY Model (Reference model for Educators' Activities and Development in the 21st-centurY) aims to offer a structured way to identify the professional practices and development needs of 21st-century educators. During the webinar we presented the Model and we shared the first experiences from the Ort and Amal educational networks in Israel who started testing the Model in their context.
February 24, 2022 Webinar: ‘’Learner Motivation and Innovation’’ (video recording) The webinar discussed how constant exposure to huge amounts of new information is changing our behaviour, therefore, it is very difficult to motivate students to be engaged in the learning process. The panelists spoke about motivating students through peer communication between students, collegiality, students' motivation for involvement in local communities and active job search, improving skills and competences. A licensed psychologist spoke about the emotions that can trigger motivation for learning: surprise, interest, confusion and awe.
- February 16, 2022 Webinar ‘’Innovative Models in Online and Blended Environment in the Arab speaking world’’ (video recording) This webinar aimed at helping secondary and vocational teachers in the South and East Mediterranean to get familiar with different types of online innovative teaching models: audio, video, and web based. Creative online teaching and learning activities along with creative online assessment techniques were presented in the webinar, which help teachers to design innovative and effective online instruction and assessment.
- Feb 3, 2022, Webinar: ‘’Innovation in Careers Education and Education Pathways’’ (video recording in English and Russian). Experts, teachers and enthusiasts led a discussion on topics such as enabling individuals to develop realistic well-informed aspirations; recognising and addressing the career aspirations of individuals as well as the needs of employers and capacity of providers; enabling individuals and providers to respond to changing labour market needs; providing careers advice and guidance across the life-course and integrating it with lifelong learning; how to recruit, develop and motivate careers professionals who will be able to provide careers advice and guidance in the 21st century.
- January 27, 2022: Webinar ‘’Robotics and 3D printing in Education’’ (video recording in English and Russian) was dedicated to sharing experiences, practices and projects in Robotics and 3D printing education in EaP region. Enthusiastic speakers discussed the perspectives and challenges of extending STEM and Arts education with Robotics and 3D printing, and making education more attractive and meaningful at different levels: in the primary school, Vocational Education and Training institution, in secondary school and in the Higher Education context.
- December 8, 2021: Webinar "Unleashing Interactive Learning Techniques" (video recording in English and in Arabic, focus on South Mediterranean). The webinar had the objective of helping secondary and vocational teachers to explore innovative and interactive teaching practices that promote student teacher interactions, student engagement, creativity and problem-solving skills. The webinar shared practices that develop student’s creativity and innovative thinking skills and enable them to find out solutions to real-life problems.
- November 25, 2021: Webinar "Lessons Learnt from Innovative Teaching and Learning" (video recording, focus on South East Europe). Participants discussed the opportunities and challenges of innovative teaching and learning. Panelists shared online tools for better engagement of students, talked about applying Drama activities in the classroom to support and diversify the learning process, spoke about how to use video tutorials to maintain and raise the level of knowledge in class and demonstrated the technology behind home-made (class made) video tutorial production.
- November 19, 2021: Webinar "Innovation Beyond Digital: STEAM education with creativity in mind" (video recording in English and Russian, focus on Eastern Partnership). The event aimed to provide an understanding of the models, best practices and solutions in STEAM education. Speakers presented the understanding of Arts in STEAM, through an interactive discussion about whether Computer Science could be creative, presented their stories of making STEAM happen in their schools and debated whether Robotics is a part of STEAM.
- November 10, 2021: Webinar "Soft Skills: fad or needs of our time" (video recording in English and in Russian, focus on Central Asia and Russia). The webinar organized a debate about what Hard and Soft Skills are, and how they should be complementary. The webinar featured an interactive poll, results of which display that approximately 2/3 of participants value having Soft Skills in work and in life.
- October 28, 2021: Webinar "Gamification of Teaching and Learning" (video recording, focus on South East Europe). Experts came together to address the use of game-like elements in teaching environment. Participants shared their implementation of games in teaching and agreed that gamification of teaching and learning can be very useful. Presented examples can help teachers and guide them in implementation of gamification in education.
- October 22, 2021: Webinar "Meeting the challenge of emergency online learning during a pandemic" (video recording, focus on Eastern Partnership) . The event allowed to reflect on the issues which emerged from the introduction of distance learning in formal education systems as a response to the Covid-19 pandemic lockdowns. Panelists evaluated the e-Learning development before the pandemic and the newly introduced Emergency Remote Teaching (ERT) and drawing from their different backgrounds, shared their practices, observations, analysis, tools and methodologies.
- October 14 2021: Webinar "Innovative E-assessment in education" (video recording in English and in Arabic, focus on South Mediterranean). The webinar explored the methods to engage students in collaborative online tasks and authentically assess their learning through innovative educational assessment and evaluation techniques, as well as perceptions, limitations, and perspectives of e-assessment.
- October 6, 2021: Online round table "Cyborg and/or Teacher - the new role of teachers in the digital age" (video recording in English and in Russian, focus on Central Asia and Russia). Participants discussed the role of teachers in the era of digital technologies and the emergence of artificial intelligence (AI), as well as how AI can challenge or complement the work of teachers and the inevitability of the onset of the digital era.
- Mr Socrates, pleased to meet you!
- New pedagogies for new generations: from Generation Z to A
- Can Digital and Online Learning foster innovation in teaching and learning?
- Innovations come together with innovators
- Complementing innovation in general and vocational education
- Gamification: getting started
- Transdisciplinarity – a beautiful new car!
- How to be an Influencer
- One size does not fit all!
- Mutual trust is the key to personalized learning
- Transdisciplinarity from Work-based learning perspective
- Innovating through Mobile Learning
- Does IT equal innovation of teaching and learning?
- 8 Steps to Online Flipped Success: SOFLA
- Functional analysis for developing a VET Curriculum
- Tips & Tricks for being a GREAT eLearning TRAINER: should videos be ON or OFF?
- Being digitally competent – a task for the 21st-century citizen
- Outdoor learning – in the age of Covid
- Interactive and innovative learning techniques
- AI in the classroom - tracking the trends
- GreenComp: Innovative Sustainability Competence Framework for all Educators
- Problem Based Learning in Distance or Hybrid Learning Environments
- VET institutions “branding” as a key to innovation and students’ success
- Formative assessment – Innovation in Assessment
- Examples of digital applications to foster interactive teaching activities
- Dramatization in teaching and learning
- ACCELERATE CHANGE IN SCHOOL TO EDUCATE GLOBAL CITIZENS 🌍
- What if YOUR SCHOOL HAD NO WALLS?
- Are you READY?
- Collaborative, authentic and personalised pedagogies – ways to creating inclusive and excellent VET?
- Building community for the development of innovative teaching/learning: the induction expirience
- What if STUDENTS DIDN'T RECEIVE GRADES?
- Are educators READY for the changing landscape of education, training, and lifelong learning?
- What if TEACHERS STOPPED TEACHING?
- VR, AR, MR in education- the new eXtended reality of education?
- A Step-by-Step Guide to Teaching Students to Work in Groups